Manager of AnalyticsHybrid - Boston, MA
Hi Marley is the first intelligent conversational platform built for P&C insurance and powered by SMS. Designed by insurance professionals, Hi Marley enables lovable, convenient conversations across the entire ecosystem, saving money and time for carriers while building customer loyalty through delightful interactions. Hi Marley's industry-leading collaboration, coaching and analytics capabilities deliver crucial insights that streamline carrier operations while enabling a frictionless customer engagement experience. The solution is made for the enterprise; it’s fast to deploy, easy to use and seamlessly integrates with core insurance systems. Through its advanced conversational technology, Hi Marley reduces friction – empowering innovative carriers to reinvent the customer and employee experience.
As we continue to scale our organization, we are looking for a Manager of Analytics who has a passion for data, problem solving and guiding/mentoring individuals to do the same. As the leader of the team, this candidate will manage, coach and develop analysts as well as advocate for data-driven and strategic thinking across the business. A successful candidate will lead with empathy, focusing on the growth of their team while balancing a focus on building successful outcomes for Hi Marley.
Technologies currently used: Looker, Pendo, MongoDB, MySQL
What You'll Do:
- Manage and develop a small team of analysts while also contributing as an individual
- Collaborate across the business to define measurable goals, create dashboards to monitor core KPIs, and deliver value-focused insights
- Partner with stakeholders across customer success, sales, account management, finance, and product to define business problems and identify and help design and implement analytically rigorous solutions
- Identify opportunities for training and process improvements across analytics practices, and proactively seek to further the analytical rigor, skillset, and impact at Hi Marley
- Create high-quality presentations to communicate with key stakeholders across the business effectively
- Maintain deep and up-to-date knowledge of the data and the data transformation layer in Looker; troubleshoot data inconsistencies
- Build external facing customer reports and partner directly with the carrier data teams on data and analytics requests
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or Analytics
- Expertise with SQL, LookML, Excel and R, Python or another statistical programming language.
- Experience with Looker or similar data visualization tools.
- The ability to take complicated problems and create simple, analytical frameworks.
- Comfortable working cross-functionally to create alignment between technical and business teams and synthesize complex analysis to drive decision-making.
- The ability to work autonomously, with a strong desire to produce high-quality work.
- Strong knowledge of database & data warehousing concepts
- Excellent leadership, oral and written presentation skills
Who We Are:
Hi Marley has three core values that are the foundation of our company culture, which every employee embodies:
- Max Courage - we encourage our team, our customers, and their customers to dream big, try new ideas and maximize impact by measuring risk.
- Be Humble – we lead with appreciation and promote a culture of humility, compassion and openness to learn from anyone, anywhere.
- Ubuntu “I am because we are” - we believe true success is much bigger than any single individual or company. By aligning our individual aims behind a shared purpose we can achieve our fullest potential, together.
Benefits and Perks:
On top of an exciting, supportive and intellectually curious workplace, we provide:
- Full benefits package including parental leave, a matching 401k program, and medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
- Open vacation policy - we all work hard and take time for ourselves when we need it
- Competitive salary and generous stock options - we all get to own a piece of what we’re building
- A fun, lively startup culture
- Core values-based leadership
- A culture of employee engagement, diversity and inclusion
- Ample opportunities to learn and take on new responsibilities in a fast-paced, growth-mode startup
Hi Marley is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, race, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are committed to building an inclusive work environment representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, where all employees are encouraged to be their authentic selves.
Hi Marley participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information, please review the documents under "E-Verify Poster" here: https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/OnlineResources.aspx