Senior Software Engineer, DevOpsBoston, MA
Hi Marley is a fast growing technology company providing an AI-based communication platform for the insurance industry. Our cutting-edge -as-a-Service platform is transforming the industry by helping insurance companies deliver a modern customer experience. Our mission is to make insurance simple and loveable while protecting people and the things they care about.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer, DevOps to accelerate our journey to best-in-class DevOps. In this role, you will improve platform stability by enhancing the developer experience at Hi Marley. Our application development teams operate independently and discover patterns they believe will work best in their part of the platform. You job is to work with the application development teams to understand tooling and patterns they have built, and scale it to work across the rest of the Engineering organization. We see this role as very collaborative and having a major impact on our software development process.
What You’ll Do:
- Become an expert in the tools underpinning our software development lifecycle, including test management tools, visibility and monitoring tools, and coding languages.
- Review architecture and designs for new services, refactors, and scaling of existing resources to ensure AWS best practices are implemented
- Partner with Product Development Leaders to understand application capabilities, test scenarios, and data management strategies throughout the software development lifecycle
- Shape the design and implementation of new services from development to production
- Monitor health metrics for our use of the AWS cloud and drive visibility to the organization
- Automate infrastructure deployment and management with Infrastruture-as-Code tools such as Terraform, Cloudformation, and Serverless
- Triage and respond to production incidents in your area of focus, communicating post-mortem findings to the entire organization
- Innovate with a focus on providing the best possible experience for developers
Who You Are:
- You have a track record of solving large-scale infrastructure projects at a SaaS company
- You have at least 2 years of experience on AWS cloud computing services
- You have at least 2 years of application development experience at a SaaS company, covering full stack implementation
- You have substantial experience working with cloud resource management tools such as Terraform, Cloudformation, and the Serverless Framework.
- You have experience monitoring and repairing highly critical production systems
- You're passionate about improving our software stack and making the end user experience better
- You’re excited to work closely with engineering teams to increase their knowledge and adoption of the AWS cloud.
- You have a strong ethical mindset, and strive to do what’s right
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of DevOps/SRE focused software engineering experience
- Strong organization ability
- Excellent communication skills
Reports to: Developer Velocity Team Lead
- Interrelationships: Engineering + Product Development
Who We Are:
Hi Marley has six permission to play values (Integrity, Inclusive, Compassion, Respect, Gratitude, Coachable) and three core values that are the foundation of our company culture, which every employee embodies:
- Max Courage - we encourage our team, our customers, and their customers to dream big, try new ideas and maximize impact by measuring risk.
- Be Humble – we lead with appreciation and promote a culture of humility, compassion and openness to learn from anyone, anywhere.
- Ubuntu “I am because we are” - we believe true success is much bigger than any single individual or company. By aligning our individual aims behind a shared purpose we can achieve our fullest potential, together.
What We Offer:
Our employees enjoy benefits that make them more productive and contribute directly to the development of their professional skills. We want to be able to attract the best of the best and make sure they keep getting better. On top of an exciting, supportive and intellectually challenging workplace, we are offering
- A fun, lively startup culture
- Core values-based leadership
- A culture of employee engagement, diversity and inclusion
- Full benefits package including parental leave, a matching 401k program, and medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
- Open vacation policy - we all work hard and take time for ourselves when we need it
- Competitive salary and generous stock options - we all get to own a piece of what we’re building
- Ample opportunities to learn and take on new responsibilities in a fast-paced, growth-mode startup
Hi Marley is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, race, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are committed to building an inclusive work environment representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, where all employees are encouraged to be their authentic selves.
Hi Marley participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information, please review the documents under "E-Verify Poster" here: https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/OnlineResources.aspx