People Operations Team LeadBoston, MA
Why join Hi Marley?
Hi Marley is the only digital communications platform built for insurance. With our innovative SaaS application, we are on a mission to transform the insurance industry one conversation at a time - and we are having fun and learning a ton along the way! We celebrate each other's victories in and outside of work, respect each other as individuals and professionals and value ideas over hierarchy. Hi Marley promotes a culture of continuous learning, by always seeking ways to be better for ourselves, our team and our customers.
We are seeking a People Operations Team Lead to help us during this exciting growth period and beyond. Reporting directly to and working closely with the Chief People Officer, you will play a key role in developing and implementing all things related to our amazing employees.
We are eager to speak with those whom have experience scaling the People function at a growing company and understand and embrace the challenges of a start-up. We move quickly and handle a huge range of initiatives (and have fun along the way!) Our values driven culture is a major focus of who we are and how we work and we’re looking for someone with a passion for helping build an inclusive, enviable place to work.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the development and improvement of people-related processes and operations including but not limited to benefits administration, compensation, leave administration, employee relations, compliance, onboarding & offboarding.
- Play a key role in our annual renewal of benefits; driver of all Open Enrollment activities, provide general benefits support to employees
- Partner with Finance during our annual compensation review and merit cycle.
- Act as first point of contact and administer leave benefits including STD, LTD, PFML
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to workforce management, managing business risk and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Oversee the employee onboarding and off-boarding processes
- Serve as the Subject Matter Expert for all People Resources system (Rippling, Culture Amp, etc)
- Update and Maintain HRIS/Rippling with all employee changes (new hire, terms, status changes of any kind).
- Manage and resolve employee relations issues
- Develop new quantitative (employee surveys, people analytics) insights to shape and strengthen our priorities
- In partnership with outside counsel, plan and manage the annual review of the employee handbook
- Coordinates distribution/communication of projects including but not limited to our handbook, benefits open enrollment, any benefit adds, etc.
- Responsible for the mentorship and coaching of our Sr. People Operations Coordinator
What We’re Looking For:
- 6+ years of previous experience developing and driving HR/People functions within a startup or high-growth business
- High attention to detail and process
- Excellent interpersonal skills and exceptional organizational skills with great attention to detail and process
- Proven track record and passion for building simple, sustainable, organized, and scalable processes and procedures
- Passion for People Operations work and commitment to the well-being of our team
Who We Are:
Hi Marley has six permission to play values (Integrity, Inclusive, Compassion, Respect, Gratitude, Coachable) and three core values that are the foundation of our company culture, which every employee embodies:
- Max Courage - we encourage our team, our customers, and their customers to dream big, try new ideas and maximize impact by measuring risk.
- Be Humble – we lead with appreciation and promote a culture of humility, compassion and openness to learn from anyone, anywhere.
- Ubuntu “I am because we are” - we believe true success is much bigger than any single individual or company. By aligning our individual aims behind a shared purpose we can achieve our fullest potential, together.
What We Offer:
Our employees enjoy benefits that make them more productive and contribute directly to the development of their professional skills. We want to be able to attract the best of the best and make sure they keep getting better. On top of an exciting, supportive and intellectually challenging workplace, we are offering
- A fun, lively startup culture
- Core values-based leadership
- A culture of employee engagement, diversity and inclusion
- Full benefits package including parental leave, a matching 401k program, and medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
- Open vacation policy - we all work hard and take time for ourselves when we need it
- Competitive salary and generous stock options - we all get to own a piece of what we’re building
- Ample opportunities to learn and take on new responsibilities in a fast-paced, growth-mode startup
Hi Marley is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, race, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are committed to building an inclusive work environment representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, where all employees are encouraged to be their authentic selves.
Hi Marley participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information, please review the documents under "E-Verify Poster" here: https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/OnlineResources.aspx