VP of Cloud Engineering & OperationsBoston, MA
We are seeking a VP of Cloud Engineering & Operations who will be responsible for defining and driving the strategic direction and operations of platforms that support our SaaS products and company mission. This leader will develop, mentor and empower the Site Reliability, Security Operations, and Workplace Technology teams that enable and streamline technical operations across the business.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and lead a world-class team focused on best-in-class site reliability, security, and operations.
- Foster and encourage an environment of transparency, accountability, pragmatism, and continuous improvement.
- Create, evolve, and communicate an enterprise-wide cloud strategy that drives speed-to-market and innovation across product and engineering, and helps drive a leading customer experience
- Work closely with product and engineering leadership to define and implement methodologies that leverage best-in-class design, development, and deployment principles and accelerate product development.
- Lead the Cloud operations team to deliver consistent delivery, observability, reliability and security; accountable for company Service Level Agreement, Service level objective, and Service Level Indicator.
- Partner closely with other senior leaders across the company to continually assess and drive improvements related to Hi Marley’s SaaS solution performance, customer experience and economics.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent with 15+ years of experience in IT.
- Proven track record scaling a companies’ technical infrastructure and bringing successful products to market.
- Customer first mindset.
- Experience interacting with executive teams, boards of directors, customers, partners and vendors.
- Experience developing and operating platforms at scale.
- Working knowledge of at least one public cloud environment (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- An individual that believes technology presents an opportunity to drive awesome human experiences.
- Passion around building teams and individuals, simplifying complex problems, and enabling individuals.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves when needed, but get more fulfillment from mentoring and empowering others.
Who We Are:
Hi Marley has six permission to play values (Integrity, Inclusive, Compassion, Respect, Gratitude, Coachable) and three core values that are the foundation of our company culture, which every employee embodies:
- Max Courage - we encourage our team, our customers, and their customers to dream big, try new ideas and maximize impact by measuring risk.
- Be Humble – we lead with appreciation and promote a culture of humility, compassion and openness to learn from anyone, anywhere.
- Ubuntu “I am because we are” - we believe true success is much bigger than any single individual or company. By aligning our individual aims behind a shared purpose we can achieve our fullest potential, together.
What We Offer:
Our employees enjoy benefits that make them more productive and contribute directly to the development of their professional skills. We want to be able to attract the best of the best and make sure they keep getting better. On top of an exciting, supportive and intellectually challenging workplace, we are offering
- A fun, lively startup culture
- Core values-based leadership
- A culture of employee engagement, diversity and inclusion
- Full benefits package including parental leave, a matching 401k program, and medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
- Open vacation policy - we all work hard and take time for ourselves when we need it
- Competitive salary and generous stock options - we all get to own a piece of what we’re building
- Ample opportunities to learn and take on new responsibilities in a fast-paced, growth-mode startup
Hi Marley is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, race, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are committed to building an inclusive work environment representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, where all employees are encouraged to be their authentic selves.
Hi Marley participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information, please review the documents under "E-Verify Poster" here: https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/OnlineResources.aspx