Content ManagerBoston, MA
We are seeking a Content Manager to join our growing marketing team! We’re looking for that special someone who loves and deeply understands the content creation process. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, you’ll collaborate across the organization to develop a content strategy that speaks to our customers, supports our roadmap, strengthens the Hi Marley brand and aligns with our business goals.
What You’ll Do:
- Own a multi-media content creation process from start to completion.
- Work with the marketing team, company leaders and subject matter experts to conceive content ideas and bring them to life.
- Collaborate cross functionally to develop and maintain a robust content calendar with impactful content that reaches the appropriate audiences and channels.
- Partner with internal and external subject matter experts to develop original content in a variety of formats from blog posts and articles to white papers, infographics, videos, newsletters and more.
- Write and edit content; Hire and manage freelance talent to do the same.
- Analyze and measure performance. Use these results to optimize and develop future content.
- Work with your marketing peers to define distribution channels and timelines for content release; drive conversations through the strategic use of content.
- Use SEO and key word best practices and tools to ensure our content is easily found and used effectively.
- Stay current on content marketing trends; suggest new ideas to explore and test.
What We’re Looking For:
- 3+ years of editorial experience, ideally in the B2B tech - enterprise software space.
- A bachelor’s degree in English, marketing, communications or journalism preferred.
- Self-directed and highly motivated.
- Stellar writing and editing skills.
- An amazing listener who can generate stories by actively hearing what our experts have to say.
- First-class organizational skills and an obsession with details.
- Strong understanding of SEO and web traffic metrics and the best ways to use them.
- Multi-tasking skills to manage multiple pieces of content in the pipeline simultaneously.
- A natural project manager who can plan, schedule and consistently meet deadlines.
- A solid portfolio that shows exceptional writing skills and the ability to create simple, digestible content on a variety of topics.
- Exceptional grammar, spelling and punctuation skills.
Who We Are:
Hi Marley has six permission to play values (Integrity, Inclusive, Compassion, Respect, Gratitude, Coachable) and three core values that are the foundation of our company culture, which every employee embodies:
- Max Courage - we encourage our team, our customers, and their customers to dream big, try new ideas and maximize impact by measuring risk.
- Be Humble – we lead with appreciation and promote a culture of humility, compassion and openness to learn from anyone, anywhere.
- Ubuntu “I am because we are” - we believe true success is much bigger than any single individual or company. By aligning our individual aims behind a shared purpose we can achieve our fullest potential, together.
What We Offer:
Our employees enjoy benefits that make them more productive and contribute directly to the development of their professional skills. We want to be able to attract the best of the best and make sure they keep getting better. On top of an exciting, supportive and intellectually challenging workplace, we are offering
- A fun, lively startup culture
- Core values-based leadership
- A culture of employee engagement, diversity and inclusion
- Full benefits package including parental leave, a matching 401k program, and medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
- Open vacation policy - we all work hard and take time for ourselves when we need it
- Competitive salary and generous stock options - we all get to own a piece of what we’re building
- Ample opportunities to learn and take on new responsibilities in a fast-paced, growth-mode startup
Hi Marley is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, race, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are committed to building an inclusive work environment representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, where all employees are encouraged to be their authentic selves.
Hi Marley participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information, please review the documents under "E-Verify Poster" here: https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/OnlineResources.aspx