Principal ArchitectBoston, MA
We are looking for a Principal Software Architect to join our growing engineering team. As a Principal Architect you will help guide our engineering team forward in the evolution of our platform design while aligning those designs to meet critical business objectives. Your influence will be broad, driving technical implementations strategies, aligning engineering’s designs with the business objectives, mentoring and coaching engineering team members, communicating decisions with varied audiences, etc. This role is of critical importance to our team as we continue to evolve our communication platform for the insurance industry.
What You’ll Do:
- Enable software developers to deliver value into our products by providing expertise on technology, architecture, and design
- Lead technical architecture initiatives for multiple value streams helping to ensure successful product deliveries
- Partner with key stakeholders to establish and adopt architectural best practices, guidelines, and standards. Evangelize, mentor, and coach on the same
- Help define and drive process improvements within our engineering team’s initiatives (e.g. code review culture, documentation strategies, code standards/best practices, etc.)
- Ensure architecture meets the desired objectives for system architecture (high availability, scalability, security, flexibility/configurability)
- Communicate implications and tradeoffs of design decisions, issues, and plans to business, product, engineering, and leadership
- Enthusiastically dive into development efforts with your team, taking a hands-on approach to leadership
- Build prototypes and proof of concept for new patterns and technologies intended to be used in our architecture
- Contribute to a highly motivated, positive, high energy work environment
What We’re Looking For:
Technical Skill & Execution
- A proven track record as a leader on a team completing large architectural projects
- Significant experience with software and application design and architecture within complex systems
- Demonstrable ability to break large architectural and implementation problems into logical smaller solutions.
- Experience with modern languages, frameworks, libraries, and technologies such as React.js, Node.js, serverless framework, AWS or GCP cloud infrastructure and services, message queuing infrastructures, SQL and NoSQL DBs, etc.
- Experience with micro-services and Domain Driven Design (DDD)
- Exposure to CI/CD and DevOps
- Experience with Agile Methodology (SAFe Software Development Principles a plus)
- Experience designing RESTful APIs that facilitate a superior UX and/or simplify integrations
Communication & Influence
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to build consensus and align teams on strategic architectural direction and technical decisions while driving towards objectives
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies and balance the long-term and short-term perspectives of changing situations
- Ability to influence and persuade Product Owners and team members to support proposed architectural changes.
- Ability to communicate sophisticated technology concepts to non-technical audiences, working with persons in all job functions (e.g., product, UX, developers, QA, DevOps, growth).
- Solid understanding of and ability to communicate objectives and benefits of modern architectural standards, patterns, and practices.
- Excellent coaching, mentoring, and skills.
Who We Are:
Hi Marley has six permission to play values (Integrity, Inclusive, Compassion, Respect, Gratitude, Coachable) and three core values that are the foundation of our company culture, which every employee embodies:
- Max Courage - we encourage our team, our customers, and their customers to dream big, try new ideas and maximize impact by measuring risk.
- Be Humble – we lead with appreciation and promote a culture of humility, compassion and openness to learn from anyone, anywhere.
- Ubuntu “I am because we are” - we believe true success is much bigger than any single individual or company. By aligning our individual aims behind a shared purpose we can achieve our fullest potential, together.
What We Offer:
Our employees enjoy benefits that make them more productive and contribute directly to the development of their professional skills. We want to be able to attract the best of the best and make sure they keep getting better. On top of an exciting, supportive and intellectually challenging workplace, we are offering
- A fun, lively startup culture
- Core values-based leadership
- A culture of employee engagement, diversity and inclusion
- Full benefits package including parental leave, a matching 401k program, and medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
- Open vacation policy - we all work hard and take time for ourselves when we need it
- Competitive salary and generous stock options - we all get to own a piece of what we’re building
- Ample opportunities to learn and take on new responsibilities in a fast-paced, growth-mode startup
Hi Marley is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, race, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are committed to building an inclusive work environment representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, where all employees are encouraged to be their authentic selves.
Hi Marley participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information, please review the documents under "E-Verify Poster" here: https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/OnlineResources.aspx