Sales EngineerBoston, MA or Chicago, IL
Hi Marley is the only digital communications platform built for insurance. With our innovative SaaS application, we are on a mission to transform the insurance industry one conversation at a time - and we are having fun and learning along the way! We celebrate each other's victories in and outside of work, respect each other as individuals and professionals and value ideas over hierarchy. Hi Marley promotes a culture of continuous learning, by always seeking ways to be better for ourselves, our team and our customers.
We are looking for a Sales Engineer who provides technical expertise and knowledge during a sales process in order to help a sales team close business. Due to their trusted-advisor status, SEs can be an invaluable resource in understanding the dynamics within a buyer’s decision team and often have insights a sales team does not. The SE must develop and demonstrate detailed technical knowledge of Hi Marley’s solutions and assist the Client Executive in linking the capabilities of Hi Marley’s solutions to the buyer’s needs.
What You’ll Do:
- Qualify early-stage opportunities and assist reps in making go/no-go decisions
- Understand a buyer’s requirements, current technical environment and needs, and whether the buyer has a “set” approach in mind (also known as pre-ordained need)
- Work collaboratively internally and externally to scope an appropriate solution for a buyer
- Respond to the technical requirements of an RFP
- Attend deal and account strategy sessions
- Demonstrate/present the capabilities of a solution (demos, PoC development)
- Assist in customer briefing center activities
- Transition knowledge/relationships to an implementation team, and monitor progress in the post-transition period
- Provide training/support for channel partners
- Assist in field marketing activities (e.g. staffing a trade show booth)
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
- 10+ years in sales, consulting or as a solutions engineer
- 3+ years in insurance industry, ideally with an insurance carrier
- Awareness of claims/policy/billing admin systems (e.g. Guidewire) with basic knowledge of APIs, cloud technologies, and SaaS architecture
- The ability to build authentic relationships and become a trusted advisor to clients
- Exceptional communication skills, highly organized, collaborative and detail oriented
- Comfort in a startup environment – we move quickly and wear many hats in a dynamic environment
- Comfort with travel – expected 40-50% to develop and maintain relationships
Who We Are:
Hi Marley has six permission to play values (Integrity, Inclusive, Compassion, Respect, Gratitude, Coachable) and three core values that are the foundation of our company culture, which every employee embodies:
- Max Courage - we encourage our team, our customers, and their customers to dream big, try new ideas and maximize impact by measuring risk.
- Be Humble – we lead with appreciation and promote a culture of humility, compassion and openness to learn from anyone, anywhere.
- Ubuntu “I am because we are” - we believe true success is much bigger than any single individual or company. By aligning our individual aims behind a shared purpose we can achieve our fullest potential, together.
What We Offer:
Our employees enjoy benefits that make them more productive and contribute directly to the development of their professional skills. We want to be able to attract the best of the best and make sure they keep getting better. On top of an exciting, supportive and intellectually challenging workplace, we are offering
- A fun, lively startup culture
- Core values-based leadership
- A culture of employee engagement, diversity and inclusion
- Full benefits package including parental leave, a matching 401k program, and medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
- Open vacation policy - we all work hard and take time for ourselves when we need it
- Competitive salary and generous stock options - we all get to own a piece of what we’re building
- Ample opportunities to learn and take on new responsibilities in a fast-paced, growth-mode startup
Hi Marley is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, race, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are committed to building an inclusive work environment representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, where all employees are encouraged to be their authentic selves.
Hi Marley participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information, please review the documents under "E-Verify Poster" here: https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/OnlineResources.aspx