Last Updated: June 29, 2021
Please read this Policy carefully as it will help you make informed decisions about sharing your personal information with us.
Hi Marley is committed to the privacy and security of your information and informing you about how we use your information. To assist you in making informed decisions about your personal information, this Policy describes the information that we gather from you on the Service, how we use and disclose such information, and the steps we take to protect such information. If you do not agree with any terms of this policy, please discontinue use of the Service. We may update this Policy from time to time, so please review this Policy periodically.
Information We Collect on the Service:
- Customer Information. When customers sign up to learn more about Hi Marley or contact us through our Service, we collect information such as name, email address, company, and any information provided in the message.
- End User Information. When you use the Service, we may collect information about you, including your name, email address, physical address, mobile phone number, insurance policy information, insurance claim information, and your preferences, and we may link this information with other information about you. We may collect this information either directly from you, or from your insurance carrier. We may also collect the contents of your communications and any photos or videos you choose to send through our Service or to us.
- Survey Information. You may provide us with information through your responses to a customer feedback survey. We anonymize or aggregate this information and may use it for marketing or product improvement purposes.
- Cookies and Automatically Collected Information. When you use the Service, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your device. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Service. Please review your web browser “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from the Service, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Service to their fullest potential. We may use third party cookies on our Service as well. For instance, we use Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data. Google provides some additional privacy options described at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ regarding Google Analytics cookies. Hi Marley does not process or respond to web browsers’ “do not track” signals or other similar transmissions that indicate a request to disable online tracking of users who use our Service.
We may also automatically record certain information from your device by using various types of technology, including “clear gifs” or “web beacons.” This automatically collected information may include your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after you use the Service, the pages or other content you view or otherwise interact with on the Service, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Service. We also may use these technologies to collect information regarding your interaction with email messages, such as whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded a message. This information is gathered from all users, and may be connected with other information about you.
- Location Information. We may obtain information about your physical location by inference from other information we collect (for example, your IP address indicates the general geographic region from which you are connecting to the Internet).
- Information from Other Sources. We may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data, from third parties such as data or marketing partners, and combine it with other information we have about you.
How We Use the Information We Collect.
We use information we collect on the Service in a variety of ways in providing the Service and operating our business, including the following:
- We use the information that we collect on the Service to operate, maintain, enhance and provide all features of the Service, to provide services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions, and otherwise to provide support to users. For example, we may use the information we collect to notify you of natural disasters and other emergencies in your area; help you report, process, or manage insurance claims; and connect you with third party vendors.
- We use the information that we collect on the Service to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Service, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
- We may use your email address or other information we collect to contact you for administrative purposes such as customer service or to notify you of changes to the Service.
- To find and prevent fraud, and respond to trust and safety issues; and for compliance purposes, including enforcing our Terms of Service or other legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency.
When We Disclose Information.
Except as described in this Policy, we will not disclose information about you that we collect on the Service to third parties without your consent. Without limiting the foregoing, we do not sell, lease, rent, loan or otherwise provide your personal information to third parties for their lead aggregation or marketing purposes without your explicit consent to do so. We may disclose information to third parties if you consent to us doing so, as well as in the following circumstances:
- Any information that an End User provides through the Service, including in the course of reporting, processing, or managing an insurance claim, or otherwise concerning insurance coverage, we may provide to the End User’s insurance provider, insurance agent or third party claims administrator servicing the End User’s policy in order to provide the Service. Please see the relevant policies of your insurance provider for details on how your insurance provider, insurance agent or third party claims administrator manages your information.
- We may share any information that an End User provides through the Service with third parties at the End User’s request. For example, we may share an End User’s name, phone number, and current location with rental car and rideshare providers if the End User gets in an accident and asks us to arrange a ride home.
- We work with third party service providers to provide website, application development, hosting, maintenance, SMS, and other services for us. These third parties may have access to or process information about you as part of providing those services for us. Generally, we limit the information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and we require them to agree to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
- We may disclose information about you if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws, in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies.
- We also reserve the right to disclose information about you that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to: (i) take precautions against liability; (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity; (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations; (iv) protect the security or integrity of the Service and any facilities or equipment used to make the Service available; or (v) protect our property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights, property, or safety of others.
- Information about our users may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to an acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, or in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
- We may make certain aggregated, automatically-collected, or otherwise non-personal information available to third parties for various purposes, including: (i) compliance with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes; or (iii) to assist such parties in understanding our users’ interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality available through the Service.
You may, of course, decline to share certain information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the Service.
If you receive commercial email from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email. You may also opt out from receiving commercial email from us by sending your request to us by email at [email protected] or by writing to us at the address given at the end of this policy. We may allow you to view and modify settings relating to the nature and frequency of promotional communications that you receive from us in user account functionality on the Service.
Please be aware that if you opt out of receiving commercial email from us or otherwise modify the nature or frequency of promotional communications you receive from us, it may take up to ten business days for us to process your request, and you may continue receiving promotional communications from us during that period. Additionally, even after you opt out from receiving commercial messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding the Service.
The Service may contain features or links to websites and services provided by third parties. Any information you provide on third-party sites or services is provided directly to the operators of such services and is subject to those operators’ policies, if any, governing privacy and security, even if accessed through the Service. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third-party sites or services to which links or access are provided through the Service. We encourage you to learn about third parties’ privacy and security policies before providing them with information.
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. Our Service is a general audience Service not directed to children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without obtaining parental consent.
We use certain physical, administrative, and technical safeguards that are designed to improve the integrity and security of information that we collect and maintain. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot and do not guarantee that information about you will not be accessed, viewed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
Data Location and International Users
The Service, including all user data, is hosted in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, you should know we may collect, process and disclose personal information in regions other than your country of residence. These regions may have laws governing data collection, use and disclosure that may differ from U.S. law. By using our Service, you consent to the transfer of your personal information outside your country of residence. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Service. By providing any information, including personal information, on or to the Service, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
Changes and Updates to this Policy
Please revisit this page periodically to stay aware of any changes to this Policy, which we may update from time to time. If we modify this Policy, we will make it available through the Service, and indicate the date of the latest revision. In the event that the modifications materially alter your rights or obligations hereunder, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you of the change. For example, we may send a message to your email address, if we have one on file, or generate a pop-up or similar notification when you access the Service for the first time after such material changes are made. Your continued use of the Service after the revised Policy has become effective indicates that you have read, understood and agreed to the current version of this Policy.
Please contact us with any questions or comments about this Policy, information we have collected or otherwise obtained about you our use and disclosure practices or your consent choices.